2023 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R is packed with high-tech features including 3-Mode KTRC Traction Control, Power Mode selection, and optional KIBS ABS, allowing a wider spectrum of riders to enjoy this machine’s serious sport riding performance on the circuit or on the street.
2023 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
With legendary Ninja® performance,
rule the track and run the streets. The Ninja® ZXTM-6R motorbike is equipped with a powerful 636cc engine, cutting-edge electronics, and a light frame. The “636” has been tuned for both the street and the track, providing a thrilling ride in a variety of conditions.
STREET & TRACK POWER – FLEXIBILITY
The Ninja® ZXTM-6R supersport, powered by a powerful 636cc engine and innovative performance technology, delivers legendary Ninja® power on and off the track.
MANAGEMENT – EXCELLENT BRAKE PERFORMANCE
Dual 4-piston monobloc front brake calipers grip 310 mm petal discs to give smooth yet powerful braking performance to help hit apexes with accuracy and maintain a proper line through corners, according to the Kawasaki Intelligent anti-lock Brake System (KIBS).
With enhanced engine performance over the full rpm range, class-leading components, and superior rider assist technologies, the Ninja® ZXTM-6R motorbike gets ahead of sharp corners.
TURN ON THE LIGHTS ON THE RIDE
Each LED headlamp comes with a position lamp as well as low and high beams for maximum brightness.
With sharp and edgy lines that stay loyal to the legendary Ninja® image, the Ninja® ZXTM-6R motorbike has fresh aggressive styling inspired by the larger displacement Ninja® ZXTM-10R motorcycle.
2023 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Key Features
- LARGE-DISPLACEMENT 636CC ENGINE PROVIDES MORE USEABLE POWER AND TORQUE
- ADVANCED KAWASAKI TRACTION CONTROL (KTRC) FOR ENHANCED PERFORMANCE
- POWER MODE ALLOWS QUICK ADJUSTMENT FOR RIDER PREFERENCE AND CONDITIONS
- KAWASAKI INTELLIGENT ANTI-LOCK BRAKE SYSTEM (KIBS) AVAILABLE
- SHOWA BIG PISTON SEPARATE FUNCTION FORK FOR SUPERB RIDE ON ROAD AND TRACK
- Selectable power modes combined with Kawasaki Traction Control (KTRC)
- Kawasaki Intelligent anti-lock Brake System (KIBS)
- Class-leading SHOWA suspension
- SHOW SFF-BP fork
- Assist & Slipper clutch
- Optimized ergonomics with 5-position adjustable clutch lever
- Multi-function LCD screen
- Pressed-aluminum perimeter frame
KAWASAKI STARTS PRODUCTION OF STREET MOTORCYCLES IN 2023 EARLY.
Over the last few years, the powersports industry has seen a major surge in popularity, with both novice and expert riders flocking to motorcycles, ATVs, side-by-sides, and personal watercraft. To keep up with demand, Kawasaki has accelerated the manufacturing and introduction of its 2023 Ninja ZX-6R supersport, KLX300SM supermoto, and KLX300 dual-sport motorcycles, which will arrive in Kawasaki dealerships in late spring, allowing more riders to “Let the good times roll.”
ENGINE 636cc Low-Friction Ultra-Compact Engine
• Long stroke engine outperforms many other 600 class engines at all rpms, but especially in the low-to-mid-range for greater city street rideability.
• The ram air duct is sturdy and supports the instrument panel and mirror stays, eliminating brackets and reducing weight. • The central ram air duct produces a straight path to the airbox, which reduces turbulence and enhances pressure for maximum intake efficiency.
• A small, stiff engine is created by a close cylinder pitch and compact crankcases. This little engine also contributes to the chassis’ overall slimness and compactness.
• Forged pistons with a short skirt, light piston pins, and a compact design
• Long throttle bodies increase the distance between the main and sub throttle valves for better throttle response; • 38mm Keihin throttle bodies with dual-throttle valves(KP) deliver the best performance and rideability. The ECU controls the sub-throttles, which are situated before the main throttle valves in the throttle bore, to give the DFI system a more accurate throttle response, comparable to that of a constant velocity carburetor.
• The amount of fine atomizing fuel injectors has been increased, and the spray pattern has been altered to improve mixing with air for the increased displacement.
• Joint pipes connect all four stainless steel header pipes for greater low-to-mid-range torque; • Exhaust system helps boost low-end and mid-range power without losing top-end performance. • A pre-chamber under the engine helps to concentrate weight, reduce exhaust noise, and reduce muffler volume, while a single right-side muffler serves to lower the total center of gravity and centralize mass. The triangular form allows for an excellent lean angle and compact appearance while meeting noise guidelines.
• The ECU uses rpm, throttle position, and gear position to operate a butterfly valve near the muffler’s entrance to improve low-end response and smooth overall power. To avoid blowback that can occur at high engine speeds, optimal exhaust tuning is achieved at all engine speeds.
• Contact-less potentiometer-type rapid shifter that allows for quick upshifts for seamless acceleration. When the shift lever is actuated, the system sends a signal to the ECU to cut ignition, allowing the next gear to be engaged without engaging the clutch. (Downshifts are best done using a clutch.)
FCC Assist & Slipper Clutch(KP) • The clutch is pressed together during acceleration (Assist function) using the rotating forces of the clutch hub and pressure plate, allowing for the use of fewer and lighter clutch springs for a lighter feel at the lever. The slipper function allows some clutch slippage during high back-torque situations, such as when a low gear is selected, to help prevent engine lock-up and stalling, as well as rear-wheel hop. • The use of a spring plate assembly in the clutch contributes to smoother clutch engagement and helps minimize clutch vibration (judder) noise.
The KTRC (Kawasaki Traction Control System) is a traction control system developed by Kawasaki (KP)
• The 3-mode system combines the best elements of the Ninja ZX-10R’s Sport-KTRC and the Concours® 14’s KTRC to help give optimum traction with moderate slippage for sport riding and rider confidence by facilitating smooth riding on slippery situations.
• S-KTRC, which employs complicated analysis to forecast when traction circumstances are likely to become unfavorable and respond before wheel slippage exceeds the range for ideal traction, is controlled by Modes 1 and 2. Mode 3 adjusts ignition timing, fuel, and air for ultra-smooth operation and has a higher sensitivity.
• The system can tell the difference between smooth, powerful front wheel lifts and sudden lifts, allowing smooth lift if adequate acceleration is maintained.
Engine Type 4-Stroke, Liquid-Cooled, DOHC, 4 Valve Cylinder Head, Transverse In-Line 4-Cylinder
Displacement 636 cc
Bore & Stroke 67.0 x 45.1mm
Maximum Torque 52.1 lb-ft @ 11,500 rpm
Compression Ratio 12.9:1
Fuel Injection DFI® with Keihin 38mm Throttle Bodies (4)
Ignition TCBI with Digital Advance
Transmission 6-Speed with Positive Neutral Finder, Kawasaki quick shifter (up shift only)
Final Drive Sealed Chain
Rake/Trail 24.5.°/4.1 in.
Front Wheel Travel 4.7 in.
Rear Wheel Travel 5.9 in.
Front Tire Size 120/70-ZR17
Rear Tire Size 180/55-ZR17
Wheelbase 55.1 in.
Front Suspension Big Piston SFF-Style 41mm Inverted Cartridge-Type Fork w/ Adjustable
Preload, Stepless Compression and Rebound Damping
Rear Suspension Uni-Trak with Adjustable Preload,
25-Way Rebound Stepless High and Low Speed
Compression Damping Adjustment and Adjustable Ride Height
Front Brake Type Dual 310mm Petal Discs with
Radial Mount, Opposed 4-Piston Calipers
Rear Brake Type Single 210mm Petal Disc
Fuel Tank Capacity 4.5 gal.
Seat Height 32.7 in.
Curb Weight= 425.6, 430 (ABS) lb.
Warranty 12 months
Kawasaki Protection Plus™ 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
(Specifications subject to change without notice.)
= Includes all necessary materials and fluids to operate correctly, full tank of fuel (more than 90% of capacity) and tool kit (if supplied).
When equipped, 50-state models with evaporative emissions equipment adds approximately 2.2 pounds.
(KP) = See Kaw-Pedia section for more details.